Wednesday 12 January 2011

Project 3

Finally back in London. And back to uni.
Christmas was Christmassy.
Project 3 seems pretty tough, I actually really don't like the new brief. And I realllllyy don't like that we only have two weeks to do the project!! (and I missed the first week, so technically one..)
The project is called "Museum Without Walls". - love the idea- hate the time limit. I feel that to give us such a broad topic and then constrain us with just two weeks in which to finish allows no real reflection of our thoughts and more importantly makes me feel the need to execute the first idiotic idea that pops into my head.
So, rather than leap from one project to the other, I am almost "extending" my Christmas project. Digging deeper into that, because, again, I see that as unfinished business.
My xmas project consisted of a suitcase filled with grass. I spent a day travelling around London to various areas, just me and my box of grass. Took photographs and vollla! project fini!
The idea came from the fact that all I see when in London is concrete and tarmac. So I decided to bring a bit of countryside beauty into the City.
For this project, I am revisiting my 1960's suitcase idea... and the London one.... but coming up with (hopefully) a different outcome.
I am exhibiting London. In my suitcase.
The nasty side, as well as the beautiful side.
I have begun this by collecting litter (glamorous, I know). And as it stands, my box is full of crap, quite literally.
Not only did it end up costing me £2.40 on my Oyster to get through the barrier and collect a couple of 'metros'. But also, the man at the kiosk only had one invalidated ticket, so I had to go hunting on the filthy floors, looking for more to add to my so far, pathetic/expensive collection of station memorabilia.

The crit is in two days time. I have GOT to get my thinking cap on. Or else, David will give me the sack.

No comments:

Post a Comment