Thursday 3 February 2011

Project 4 cont...

Project 4 is now over, but I feel that I should officially broadcast via blog how it went.
It went well.
After making lots of maquettes, using tin cans, I went to the workshop and designed a larger, metal structure. I used the guillotine, rolling machines and spot welder. Great fun had down there with my little Sammy babes!
I presented the sculpture in front of a large observational graphite drawing that I took from it. David said it introduced a "third element"- (the "second element being the speaker mount I used to hang it and the "first element" being the metal sculpture itself.) However, Richard hated the drawing behind it. Can't please everyone and however much I hate to give David the pleasure of being right, I this once, agreed with him.

So yes, the project was an overall success. I especially enjoyed being in the workshops again, which I haven't done since project one. Even though the scary men down there scare me.

I am now stressing out MAJORLY over my FMP and portfolio prep.
Today I aim to spend the day finishing up my portfolio and the online version. Once that is all done I will be able to breathe a sigh of relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment