Sunday 21 November 2010

Fine Art- Project One.

Wow. Last week was a busy one. So busy in fact that I didn't manage to write my usual Wednesday night blog. This week, it is a Sunday night blog. Not that it even matters?
Soooo, I spent my reading week with a bunch of organs, nails, screws and a camera. Fabulous it was.
I can't possibly explain the happenings through text so will post some of the images below:




I have not killed anyone or anything personally, I promise.
The butcher very kindly sold them to me for a fair price of £7.50.





David seems pleased with what my apparently disturbed brain has come up with so, I'm a happy bunny.
I am now using these images to push my ideas further.
Last week I spent a lot of time in the workshop using what looked like a very hot hairdryer to melt plastic.
I came up with lots of very organ like sculptures. Now I am surrounded by hundreds of deformed plastic lumps and trying very hard to think of what I can actually do with them.
A few ideas have popped into mind, but it all depends whether I can get my hands onto a UV light and an enormous cardboard box. Tomorrow could be a challenge.

Oh and to add to my excitement.... I visited Chichester university on Saturday. SO INSPIRED.
Not that I don't like Chelsea, because I do, I love it. But rapidly going off the idea of living in London for the next three years. So expensive, hostile and miserable... I need a happy town. (This might well be something to do with the depressing weather so will keep my options very open for the time being!)
I thought I needed the big City to enthuse me, but, I was wrong. I need grass and trees and farm animals.

1 comment:

  1. David told us there was a girl in our group who did this amazing project~
    Really blood and bold idea,I like it!

    ReplyDelete